10 Reasons Patients See a Chiropractor
Benefits of Seeing a Chiropractor
The first thing that comes to mind when you see a chiropractor sign is pain relief. It’s a fact of life that everyone has pain at one time or another. In fact, pain relief is the number one reason a patient will make an appointment with a chiropractor. However, that is not the only reason that patients come to a chiropractor’s office. Chiropractors help with many health issues not related to pain alleviation.
- Back Pain Relief and Prevention. Patients often look to a chiropractor first when it comes to back pain, especially low back pain. The reason is obvious. Chiropractors are can give patients relief from back pain. The Journal of American Medical Association reported that “ spinal manipulative therapy was associated with statistically significant benefits in both pain and function, of on average modest magnitude, at up to 6 weeks.”
- Neck Pain Relief and Prevention. The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health reported that “Spinal manipulation is one of several options—including exercise, massage, and physical therapy—that can provide mild-to-moderate relief from low-back pain” and neck pain.
- Pain including tingling and numbness in an extremity. This does not include when you sleep on your arm and it becomes numb. By massaging the blood flow in your arm it gets better immediately. However, with Sciatica (pain from lower back to leg) and Cervical Radiculopathy (nerve pain), a chiropractor can help you to manage the numbness and pain and aid in its healing.
- Pain relief for headaches and migraines. A study noted in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics recommends chiropractic treatment of headaches. Chiropractors treat headaches by removing the pressure of the nerves that cause your headache. The headache disappears as there is no longer nerve pressure causing the headache.
- Overall Better Health and Performance for Adults. The general public is taking its cue from professional athletes. Muscles, joints, and ligaments of the body can easily become stressed and thus not perform at their best. Normalizing spine function helps to speed up the healing of minor injuries.
- Relief of Nerve Stress in Children. Chiropractors do not treat childhood diseases. However, by freeing children of spinal nerve stress, the chiropractor is helping the child’s healing potential to function at its best.
- Allergy relief. Your body can ward off allergens and infections more easily if your Central Nervous System is at its peak. Many patients feel that chiropractic care influences their allergy symptoms and gives them relief.
- Dysmennorrhea – Menstrual Cycle Pain. Chiropractic adjustments are designed to remove spinal subluxations. By removing subluxations the uterus can receive the proper nerve flow and blood supply, thus preventing and correcting pain during menses.
- Smoother pregnancy and labor. Chiropractors can help to relieve back pain, heartburn and circulation problems. This is even more important to pregnant women. By reducing these symptoms and pain areas, the pregnancy can be much easier.
- Improved overall bodily function. A chiropractor can help to improve overall body function and integrity. Thus you will feel better overall. Many times a patient can not articulate exactly why he or she is simply not up to par. After chiropractic adjustments, the patient simply feels healthier and their minds are clearer.
There is much more to chiropractic care than pain relief. Albeit that is the main reason patients visit a chiropractor. Visiting a chiropractor regularly can result in a wide array of health benefits and alleviation of symptoms far beyond pain.